Avail Free Consulation
Reasons to choose SAP Business One for Project Management
Get control and visibility over all your business projects, from planning through to execution and billing with the Project Management Module in SAP Business One. It will help improve all areas of your project, across project planning, job costing, billing and reporting to realise better outcomes.
Project Based Business Challenges
Need to use separate planning tools, spreadsheets, accounting solution, and paper Standard ERP solutions no longer suit the requirements of project driven businesses Material driven production doesn t go well with project driven processes Ever-changing project requirements that need to be consolidated into project planning
With SAP Business One- Experience the Return on Investment
- Faster estimating
- More accurate budgeting
- More reliable deliveries
- Increased project margins
Key Features of SAP Project Management
Accurate Estimating With the Project Management Module, the entire quotation process thoroughly considers resources, materials, time, and can be used as the source for producing a quotation or proposal for your customers.
Accurate Budget vs. Actual
Because the presales engagement takes the entire estimate in the system, once the order is placed, all job expenses can be compared to the original budget, enabling you to measure the accuracy of estimates over time.
Gantt Chart for Project Planning and Resourcing
The graphical drag and drop planning tool enables you to allocate resources for all project divisions across teams; including planning for production orders throughout the manufacturing process.
Capacity Planning of Departments, Machines, and Labour
Along with allocating resources to different project divisions, the Gantt chart tool gives you a view of capacity within a department or team, as well as the ability to drill down to a machine or an individual for task allocation, presenting a top down view across all projects/resources.
Just-in-Time Material Planning
Since the projects module is informed of the stock availability and lead times for materials, it provides you with a view of the demand for materials required in a project and marks the materials needed for purchase, so they arrive in time to avoid disruption, therefore reducing the stock holding.
Enhanced Project Margins
Recovery of additional out-of-scope requests, the capture of time and materials data correctly against each project and accurate budgeting for all quotations. This all together will help to increase the profitability of every project you undertake.
Manage the cash flow and project revenue; the module allows invoice terms to be set per project and can be Time & Materials or Fixed Price allocated and split across multiple installments or project milestones.
- Streamlining of all financial and project management data allows you to measure exact costs incurred on a particular job, and compare it to its estimated costs. This can help you further understand costs associated with specific projects and prepare the ground for consideration of planning and budgeting for future projects.
- It unifies all project related documents, resources, and transactions to help you monitor the progress and track the working of the project according to business operations.
- Every project can be broken into Sub Projects or Phases, depending on the size and scope of the actual project. These Phases can express a functional area, and you can define stages specific to your business, such as design specifications, requirements analysis, and implementation process.
- You can experience better project clarity by creating activities from the module. This provides a summary of every activity the project team has performed on a particular stage. This, along with the other features, enables you to manage projects more efficiently and effectively, from start to end.
- You can also create stage dependencies, which will prevent you from moving on to another stage if the current stage has not been fully realised and marked complete.
To find out more information about the project management module in SAP Business One, read The Best of SAP Business One 9.2 Project Management Module.
- Pharma Industry Runs Best with SAP S/4HANA May 5, 2022
- Alternative of Software Development Partner during the Conflict in Ukraine April 26, 2022
- Blockchain Technology - and its Uses in Different Industry March 17, 2022
- How to Reduce App Development Cost with Flutter? March 1, 2022
- How can SAP Cloud Platform benefit your business? February 21, 2022
- All You Need to Know About SAP S/4HANA Cloud Cost and Pricing Plans February 14, 2022
- How RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Can Simplify the Onboarding Process February 2, 2022
- How does the IOT System Work in Everyday Things? February 1, 2022
- Complete SAP Business One Pricing Guide for 2022 January 29, 2022
- Automate Your Banking and Finance Processes with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) January 25, 2022