Live Chat for Effective Customer Support
Usually, it’s the case with eCommerce businesses that customer support response times are not viewed as a central aspect of brand personality. However, whether it’s online or face-to-face, customers want to feel valued and most importantly heard!
Response times online can either make or break your business. According to a recent report, customer experience will override price and the product itself as the key brand differentiator, so it’s essential to have quick response times as an integral part of your online customer service.
Many support features can be incorporated into your eCommerce website in order to boost engagement and enhance customer satisfaction. One of those recommended ones is Live Chat.
Live chat technology has been around for a while now. Businesses, however, have been comparatively slow to embrace live chat technology, and thus not realising the benefits it can bring.
Convenient for Customers
Live Chat has the ability to provide prompt answers. Gone are the days of long and expensive phone calls to busy call centres. Now with Live Chat, customers can get quicker replies and they can easily multitask while waiting for an answer.
Did you know? 63% of online customers were more likely to return to a website that has a live chat incorporated. As well as 38% who used the live chat service made their purchase only due to the chat session.
Live chat software saves on both employees time and phone costs. It empowers employees to multitask during chat conversations and spend less time on the phone calls, thereby increasing productivity levels for the company.
For a successful sale, it’s imperative that customers have access to someone who can help them if they get confused or have a question that can influence the sale. This helps reduce the bounce rate in retail websites and ensures that a customer checks out with an item/items in the bag.
Once the customer is connected with the right person who can answer to all their queries, they’re in the perfect position to cross sell and up sell products that may be suitable for that particular customer.
Helps Stand Out Amongst Competitors
If you want to gain a competitive edge, live chat is the fundamental feature that websites must have to be competitive and rise to the top.
Live chat has to be implemented properly for it to work in favour of your business. Below are some important tips to make sure you make the most of the live chat software:
- Train your team. Make sure they know about the products in detail, and how to interact with customers professionally.
- Be aware of your peak shopping hours. It’s not good having chat software unavailable during those peak times.
- Avoid sounding robotic. People don’t like talking to robots or engage with automated services. Make sure your chat sounds friendly, yet professional.
- Be prepared for rushes in chat volume. It is advised to prepare in advance for the times when there are surges. Activate an analytics service to know what days and times you experience high volumes and ensure there is enough staff to respond.
It’s quite evident that the world of customer service and support is constantly evolving. It’s more than important that your business can instantly respond to the needs of today’s consumers. Often this means regularly assessing your support framework, ensuring that it’s suitable for the kind of customers you cater for.
Remember, you don’t get a second chance to make a good impression!
Call us on +1 (201) 331-9818 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a Live Chat feature in your eCommerce website.
- Pharma Industry Runs Best with SAP S/4HANA May 5, 2022
- Alternative of Software Development Partner during the Conflict in Ukraine April 26, 2022
- Blockchain Technology - and its Uses in Different Industry March 17, 2022
- How to Reduce App Development Cost with Flutter? March 1, 2022
- How can SAP Cloud Platform benefit your business? February 21, 2022
- All You Need to Know About SAP S/4HANA Cloud Cost and Pricing Plans February 14, 2022
- How RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Can Simplify the Onboarding Process February 2, 2022
- How does the IOT System Work in Everyday Things? February 1, 2022
- Complete SAP Business One Pricing Guide for 2022 January 29, 2022
- Automate Your Banking and Finance Processes with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) January 25, 2022