Avail Free Consulation
Top Five eCommerce Platforms to Launch Online Store & Boost Sales
We just cannot imagine an online business without a customized website. A survey has revealed that 70% of work for retailers is completed simply by purchasing a readymade website theme based on the top of any of the best eCommerce platforms available. Whether you have an established brick-and-mortar retail store or want to run a startup, you need to hire eCommerce website development solution for launching an online store.
Talking about the importance of an online store, it is estimated that 95% of purchases and sales of products will take place online by 2040. Simply put, if you want to grow your business, increase sales, and retain customers for a longer period, you need to have an online store with user-friendly features and excellent functionality. Thankfully, technology advances a lot to offer some of the best eCommerce platforms to build such an online store.
However, it is a difficult task to select the right eCommerce platform to build your store that stays strong amid increasing competition. When you consider other major aspects like market trends, necessary features for your online store, your competitors’ activities, and budget, we would like to assist in selecting the most suitable platform for your business. Read on to get an unbiased representation of the five most popular eCommerce web development platforms.
Top Five eCommerce Platforms to Build Feature-rich Online Store
From cost to customization and features to functionality, here we cover all main factors in the form of pros and cons for the top five eCommerce platforms-
1. Magento– This is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms that power millions of eCommerce websites worldwide.
Pros of Magento
- Free community version that has almost 70% of total features
- Over 9000 plugins are available to date for integrating desired features
- Open-source and cost-effective platform for eCommerce website development
- No Monthly subscription
- The platform keeps on updating regularly and remains highly scalable for building a future-ready online store
Cons of Magento
- Setup and customization are complicated and you need to hire Magento developers
- Advanced features are costly and the cost for Magento Enterprise Edition can reach up to $20000
2. Shopify– It has gained ground in the eCommerce web development domain in a short time of launching.
Pros of Shopify
- By spending just $9, you can start selling on Facebook using your Shopify website
- It has pre-built mobile-friendly features and a dedicated app (additional)
- Streamlined checkout process for reducing cart abandonment rate
- Number of third party plugins and apps are available
- Thriving Shopify Community and the company’s 24/7 support can assist you to solve problems
Cons of Shopify
- All transactions have additional fees along with the monthly charges
- Customization of a Shopify website is complicated and requires to hire developers who have hands-on experience in ‘liquid’ programming language
- Extensions and add-ons are costly with almost no free plugins
3. WooCommerce– It is powered by WordPress and ideal for new players or startups who have a limited number of customers at the initial phase.
Pros of WooCommerce
- 30% of all eCommerce websites are based on WooCommerce
- It is the most common eCommerce genre to choose
- It has hundreds of thousands of developers
- Easy user interface and highly customizable
- Unlimited plugins with plenty of free options
- Industry-wide readymade themes and affordable development process
Cons of WooCommerce
- Scalability is limited
- No enterprise-friendly features like Business Analytics
- Slower platform with limited functionality
4. BigCommerce– It is a SaaS-based eCommerce platform to meet various business needs of modern eCommerce companies.
Pros of BigCommerce-
- Consistent user experience of themes across various devices and screen sizes
- Many enterprise-grade features like gift coupons and taxation are available at a reasonable cost
- Quick integration with eBay and Facebook
- Easy and wizard-based setup with the facility of video articulation
Cons of BigCommerce-
- Free stuff is limited and themes are less
- It does not support Amazon integration and multi-vendor online store
5. NopCommerce– It is relatively a new platform with good features and seamless functionality.
Pros of NopCommerce-
- It is an MVC eCommerce framework without any loopholes
- It has an easy-to-implement database design and application design
- Cost-effective framework with all features unlocked with USD 100 for monthly support
- Over 30k websites are using it
Pros of NopCommerce
- You need eCommerce website developers for developing and customization
- ASP.Net and SQL Server are proprietary software
- A steep learning curve makes it difficult to customize
- It is still in an initial development stage
Here we have mentioned the top five eCommerce platforms, but it is always better to consult a reliable and renowned eCommerce website development company to get more insights on these platforms and get assistance to select the right platform. It is fair to mention that selecting the right platform for building your online store can be a game-changer, and you can grow your business with ease.
Silver Touch Technologies USA is a reputed software development company. We provide 360-degree solutions in SAP as a trusted global partner and the best-in-class services in RPA (Robotic Process Automation), digital transformation, eCommerce website development, and software development. We have gained fame for developing customized software for various industry sectors including retail, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, and hospitality in a cost-effective way since inception.
Do you want to boost your online business through an eCommerce website and app? Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your project requirements and we will get back to you soon with a proper strategy and insights.
- Pharma Industry Runs Best with SAP S/4HANA May 5, 2022
- Alternative of Software Development Partner during the Conflict in Ukraine April 26, 2022
- Blockchain Technology - and its Uses in Different Industry March 17, 2022
- How to Reduce App Development Cost with Flutter? March 1, 2022
- How can SAP Cloud Platform benefit your business? February 21, 2022
- All You Need to Know About SAP S/4HANA Cloud Cost and Pricing Plans February 14, 2022
- How RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Can Simplify the Onboarding Process February 2, 2022
- How does the IOT System Work in Everyday Things? February 1, 2022
- Complete SAP Business One Pricing Guide for 2022 January 29, 2022
- Automate Your Banking and Finance Processes with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) January 25, 2022