MEAIndia Mobile Application
MEAIndia Mobile Application for the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
- iOS 4.0/Android 2.2 Eclipse, SQLite 3.0
Ministry of External Affairs, India required an app solution that would help deliver citizen centric services as well as m-Governance, for both iOS and Android platforms. Mobile application for Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (MEAIndia) is the single point for all information related to the citizen centric services as well as the outreach activities.
Client Pain Area
The client focuses on creating an application to manage the database of various services and activities conducted by them. The activities conducted by the Ministry of External Affairs needed to be made transparent to the users, by providing information about press releases, media briefings, etc. It should also allow the users to ask a question to the Minister, take a quiz or contribute a question on India’s foreign relations.
The application should provide information regarding all the activities conducted by the Ministry of External Affairs. It should also provide various citizen centric services like Visa/Consular Services, Passport Status, Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, Haj Yatra & happenings at Indian missions abroad.
The application should provide following modules on mobile platforms (iOS and Android):
- Media Centre
- Passport Service
- Public Diplomacy
- Visa / Consular Services
- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Haj Yatra
- Follow Prime Minister / External Affairs Minister’s Latest Event
- Indian mission Abroad
The entire database and backend panel are developed by Silver Touch with necessary web services for communication with the mobile application. We have integrated web services from third party server into the application, for ‘Passport service & Haj Yatra’.
The Mobile Application Development includes 9 major modules, each module includes several sub-modules, and each sub-module contains respective listing/details.
Application Development Platform
|Technology & Framework||iOS 4.0||Android 2.2 Eclipse|
|Languages||Objective C||Android OS|
|Database||SQLite 3.0||SQLite 3.0|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||iTunes Store||Google Play Store|
- High level user interface of the application needed to be designed for MEAIndia Application.
- Web services which are required to integrate from third party server, required to be analyzed properly.
- Getting approval from various departments for implementation of various Modules.
- To ensure that the web server is always up and to improve the server performance / response.
- To customize My MEA on Android interface.
- Quality checking for displayed content for data, image and videos.
- Data security and approval.
- Backend system & web services should perform faster, so if any new article is posted, it will be displayed on application immediately once approved.
- Data security while transferring all the data.
- Designed completely customized user interface to work and response properly in iOS and all Android devices. Also we have designed dialer screen, with proper performance & response.
- Analyzed all third party web services properly & checked responses of web services as per requirement.
- We have taken approval from each department such as Haj Yatra, Kailash Manasarovar Yatra, Passport services etc. separately to implement the mGovernment application.
- Integrated few web services from third party web server & merged application server with other web server, checked all the responses and effective performance.
- Customized the functionality of “MyMEA” to drag and drop the favorite module like that of iOS.
- Developed backend in .Net framework and given all approval rights to the Administrator. All the posting from frontend will be first approved by the administrator and then displayed on mobile application.
- Integrated APNS for iOS app & C2DM for android app into MEA web server to display push notifications on mobile application.
- Implemented SSL & https for secure access to backend data.
- Users can view instant updates about latest media information from Media Center. Users can view list of Press Releases, Media Advisory listing and details, Speeches & Statements listing, Media Briefings, etc. Documents section includes list of latest Media information, View Photo Gallery and Video Gallery. One can follow MEAIndia on Facebook & Tweet on Twitter by tapping on respective tab.
- One can search from listing via keyword, view details by selecting each topic from the listing, increase text size, share details on social media, add to favorite and comment on the topic.
- The complete information regarding passport & application status from passport services can be viewed. User will also be able to view passport history, general guidelines, ‘How to Apply Passport’, view nearest passport Seva Kendra by City/Pin code or as per their current location, know application status, calculate fees for different types of applications, download form and send link via Email.
- Users can also view contact information of passport office by selecting from nearest office listing & viewing the office location on Map.
- Lectures listing, Documentary Movies, e-magazines, Best award winning art listing, lecture details, documentary movies released this year, e-magazines of MEA-India, best award winning art and movie details etc. can be viewed by the users.
- Users can participate in quizzes and contribute a question for quiz and follow Indian diplomacy, India Is & India partnership on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Blogspot, Instagram & Pinterest.
- Information regarding consular service overview, different documents, FAQs, About Indian Visa, and Visa available for Indians, etc. can also be viewed from this module.
- One can view general guidelines for attestation of document, nearest submission center for commercial purpose and view the fees details, view FAQs, details about General Provisions, Types of Visas and Visa on Arrival for Foreign Nationals, Visa requirements for Indians overview and Visa exemption based on bilateral agreements and contact details.
- Latest update of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra schedule, weather information, useful contacts, guidelines about Yatra, instruction about ‘How to Apply’ and important dates, FAQs and all useful contacts can be acquired.
- User will also be able to view Photo Gallery of Yatra and upload their Yatra photos and follow Kailash Manasarovar Yatra on Facebook.
- Users can view Indian missions’ locations on Google Map, view their contact details and find nearest Indian Mission, filter the listing of Indian Embassy by country wise and view their address and visit details, search for nearest Indian Embassy offices, view Indian Flag pinned on Google Map location and also view address, contact number and option to direct call by selecting the flag.
- One can get latest visits of Prime Minister & External Affairs Minister, view PM/EAM visited location pinned on Google Map, view visited month & Year, Place & reason on pin pop up by selecting any pin, by selecting any pop up user can view news PM/EAM visited of that place etc.