Institute Management System
Institute Management System for National Informatics Centre Services Inc.
- Learning & Education
- ASP.Net 4.0, SQL Server 2012
The Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India required a system for training and professional education that is able to meet the needs of the tourism & hospitality industry. The ministry has setup autonomous institutions with specific mandate to impart training in Tourism, Travel & Hospitality sector, and train the candidates with hospitality skills. The ministry will also set institutes to impart training in adventure sports to the adventure enthusiasts.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) and Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM) are the apex bodies for designing the training programs related to Hospitality & Administration as well as Tourism & Travel Management respectively.
Client Pain Area
There are 21 CIHMs, 28 SIHMs, 16 Food Craft Institutes (FCIs), 19 Private IHMs, 05 IITTMs and 02 IISM operating under the ministry of tourism. The CIHMs, SIHMs, FCIs follow NCHMCT Course curriculum. IITTM Gwalior is the apex body for IITTM study centers/campuses and is affiliated with AICTE. The IISMs operate independently.
These multiple bodies are independent in many ways, and their operations are decentralized. Managing the day-to-day activities pertaining to administration, academics and operations proves to be difficult owing to the nature of the different institutes.
Checking on the examination patterns, training methods, teaching schemes etc. at a time is difficult for the Ministry of Tourism. Fund management, budgeting etc. can be done for the individual institutes, but there is no single system that can call for an analysis of the funds, budget and other related factors for comparison and better understanding. Forecasting and projections becomes difficult for human resources, funds and other related activities as there is no real-time availability of data.
The client wanted a system that could integrate the different independently operating institutes, so that they can manage and monitor the different functions of these institutes in a centralized manner.
The system should be able to manage the day-to-day functions and activities related to admin and academics efficiently so as to improve the operations within the institutes. The system should integrate the different verticals within the system, so that overall management becomes easy.
The client wanted real-time data as well as complete analysis of the data available using statistical measures so that they can take active measures accordingly.
This data will help the Ministry of Tourism understand the funding required for the Institutes which includes that for setting up a new institute, infrastructure expansion, bailout packages for sick institutes, and the ever increasing need for specialized human resources in the travel, tourism & hospitality industry.
Silver Touch proposed an Institute Management System using ASP.Net 4.0 and SQL Server 2012 for database management. This intra-institute ERP solution will help centralize the different academic and administration related activities for the different institutes that are operated under the Ministry of Tourism. Role based user access will be provided for enhanced security.
The users can feed in data related to students’ admission & fee, implement teaching schemes, use course curriculum as defined by the respective apex bodies, maintain seat matrix, create time table, record attendance of the students and contact hours of the faculties, details of guest facilities, management of assets, management of hostel activities details, placement details keep record of the various programs offered by Institutes, initiatives and practices undertaken by the Institutes. Using this IMS, institutes will be able to maintain staff profile and their APAR, Organizational Hierarchy. BOG Profiles, details of the BOG Meetings, Profiles of Executives Committees, details of the meetings of the Executive Committee and details of the activities performed by the staff. Institutes will be provided with reporting system that will enable users at Institute to find information with minimum efforts.
Development & Deployment Platform
|Technology & Framework||Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework, Microsoft Asp. Net|
|Database||SQL server 2012 Express Edition|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||IIS 7|
|Operating System||Windows 7 sp1 (Development) & Windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise (Deployment)|
- Managing 45000 concurrent users
- Managing 75 courses for the different governing bodies in the centralized application
- Managing different types of local courses for more than 150 institutes
- Managing timetable for each institute which can support rules of governing body as well their local rules
- Managing centralized admission processes for local courses as well as courses belonging to the ministry and governing body
- Managing multiple stakeholder like MOT, NCHMCT, IITTM etc and managing those centralizes data which can only be access by respective stakeholder
- Managing different rules for different process of each stakeholders by single forms
- Online Applications have been generated from the system
- Based on seat matrix, merit is generated automatically
- Time Table generation and swap time table makes a managed plan for the faculties and students
- Online result generation with eligibility criteria and promotion rules make easy process of result
- The chances of fraud became very less by having Fictitious number integration with enrollment numbers of the students
- System has automated the entire process of filling out admission forms and generating the merit based list
- Course Curriculum can be easily generated with this system
- Subject-wise faculty mapping makes time table management efficient
- Examination Module generates results automatically with the eligibility rules and promotion rules.
- Asset is managed using the Asset Monitoring System for the institutes.