Model Agency Management Portal
Model Agency Management Portal Australian Based Company
- Media & Entertainment
- Umbraco, ASP.NET
Property of Silver Touch Technologies Ltd. and protected by International copyright laws The client is an Australian based creative and technical web agency providing services based on digital strategy, design and technical talent while leading global super-brands through end-to-end online solutions. The company is providing strategic creative, development, performance and interactive marketing services to a wide range of industries globally.
Client Pain Area
The client did not have a web portal in which user can create their own portfolio and also host his portfolio profile as a sub domain. They wanted Silver Touch to assist in the redesigning and redevelopment of an existing website with more features and enhancements. Client wanted to develop a portal with more extensible functionalities and more robust features from where the global celebrities can represent them.
The client had the following major objectives for the project:
- Unique template for members to create their own profile with unique fields and provision to select desired template
- Facility to create custom template and theme for members
- Photos, Videos, Audios and Resume management by website members
- Different access rights of website features according to the package selected by user
- User should be able to preview the portfolio of his site
- Facility to host the website with domain registration and purchasing functionality
- Apart from portfolio creation, the member should be able to create the ecommerce site and manage products, customers and orders from backend functionality
- Facility to send & print i-Pinch – brief description about member’s body structure and contact information
- User Management, Role Management, Template Management and Package Management by Administrator using backend functionality
- Site visitors should be able to view the member’s Portfolio and access the details. Visitors should also be able to access the media files provided by the members
Silver Touch has proposed to develop the web portal in ASP.NET C# with backend database as MSSQL. We have also proposed to develop the content part in Umbraco Content Management System. Umbraco CMS provides customization in secure authoring environment.
Silver Touch has provided solution to the client within new development of the marketing website. The new web portal (new website) has been redeveloped from the existing website. The website is developed in a single (English) language.
Development & Deployment Platform
|Technology & Framework||Umbraco 4.0.3, .Net Framework 2.0|
|Languages||ASP.NET, C#, Classic ASP|
|Operating System||Windows XP, 2008|
|Web Server||IIS 6.0, 7.0|
Problem: Client required a dynamic website where members can create their own custom websites.
Solution: By considering client’s specific requirement, we have implemented unique concept of dynamically generating content, images, designs and navigations with sub-hosting services to the member’s website.
Problem: Client required the hosting functionality for member’s website under the main website domain.
Solution: For sub-hosting website under main website we have integrated customized extension of eNom to provide the facility of selecting own website name with registration process.
- There was no clear functional specification so the analyst and development team had to discuss with the client on day-to-day basis together and understand project requirements
- To develop dynamic template and theme based portal
- To integrate multimedia features and make compatible with all media formats
- Users are allowed to create their own profile/portfolio
- Various templates are made available to create dynamic website under main domain
- Members are able to create their own custom templates and theme
- Easy to create and manage the text based as well as multimedia content
- Easy and quick registration of domain name and publishing the website on that domain
- Multiple options for subscribers based on their need
- Content Management System allows the administrator to manage the website content and pages effectively
- Easy to track Site Visitor Activity through Web analytics by administrator
- Website provides services to two main types of users. Registered Users (who wants to showcase themselves on the website) and Administrator (who will manage entire website)
- Members can easily manage their portfolio and content such as photos, videos, bio-data and contact information
- Site visitors can easily find and print any member’s portfolio and download the i-Pinch – brief body information of the members
- Agents get special discounts by member registrations
- By subscribing the special package member can also create e-commerce website under main website
- The administrator will have the access to manage the contents and provide privileges to access the website
- Administrator can have the rights to approve registered users account and provide access to various features