Logistics & Distribution Management
Logistics & Distribution Management E-Commerce Application to Facilitate Logistics & Distribution of Wholesale Liquor
- Wholesale/Supply Chain
A leading wholesaler of drinks who forms strategic and collaborative relationships with leading manufacturers required a solution which would offer the drinks at competitive pricing to the end consumer, and help them purchase the right product.
Client Pain Area
The client was unable to reach out to the right people, and offer them excellent prices. They did not have a good customer base, and they were unable to retain the customers as they could not offer them a good user experience at the store. Payment was another issue. There was no proper system for payment, which could ensure security and convenience.
They also needed a distribution solution to manage the distribution of liquor from the wholesale to the retail, without increasing costs and mitigating the risks.
The client, a wholesaler of drinks required an online store solution that would help them serve their customers with the best products at competitive pricing. They wanted to make reaching out to their clients easy and convenient. The main aim was to offer ease of buying, and competitive pricing, thus enhancing user experience, and the overall customer satisfaction.
We proposed an eCommerce website, which would allow the client to manage the catalog, categories, products, orders and customers via the admin panel using Community Edition of Magento version 184.108.40.206. The client will be able to manage the products based on their categories and sub categories. Payment gateway has been integrated for secure transactions. There are two options for shipping- click & collect or click & deliver.
Development & Deployment Platform
|Technology & Framework||Magento community edition 220.127.116.11|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||Apache|
|Operating System||Windows XP|
- Implementing the customized shipping method i.e. click & collect was a challenge, as we needed to add slots for the click & deliver. We also had to include the postal codes for UK, using which the clients could select their convenient slots
- Setting up Amazon server for ec2 instance as well as RDS instance, while setting up the website on the server with SSL certificate posed a challenge when working on this solution
- Map & insert for the products was done using SWORDS data mapping. This was done using 3rd party FTP connection, which was quite difficult
- Management of inventory and logistics made easy
- Distribution management made easy and convenient.
- Two shipping options, which offer ease to the end users
- Convenience of shopping
- Competitive pricing