iTUFS – Integrated Technology Fund Upgradation Scheme
iTUFS - Integrated Technology Fund Upgradation Scheme For Office of the Textile Commissioner Government of India, Ministry Of Textiles
- ASP.NET, MS SQL
Ministry of Textiles (MoT), Government of India (GoI) had launched Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS) for Textile and Jute Industries which is being implemented through specified Lending Agencies (LA) under the scheme. The Scheme was further extended in the modified form which is known as Modified Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (MTUFS). It was re-launched in restructured form which is known as Restructured Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (RTUFS). For management of the data under RTUFS and RRTUFS, software developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Information Technology is being used at present by the Office of the Textile Commissioner (OTXC). Ministry of Textiles aims at developing web-based software for TUFS for better management of the scheme.
Client Pain Area
The scheme worked in a manual form and did not have a platform where all the information about bank’s branches, beneficiaries, TUFS cell of Bank etc. was available. There was no computerized system to carry out the tasks.
The main objective was to create web application that would manage all the scheme data, i.e. archived scheme data, running scheme data, etc. The client wanted a workflow based architecture where MIS reports could be made available at different stages.
The client wanted to provide access to beneficiary and bank to perform their activities and to send Email and SMS notification to each stake holder for predefined activities. They needed a system that would bring transparency in between all the stake holders of application.
The system should allow Data Migration from NIC software as well as excel sheet for old scheme data and keep track of current ongoing applications and claims. Also there needs to be a dynamic dashboard with graphical representation for all the modules and sub modules.
Considering the client’s requirement, Silver Touch proposed and developed iTUFS application in ASP.NET (Web Application) with hybrid waterfall Methodology. The web application was developed with .NET Framework 4.0 and MS SQL 2012 with SSRS which has many advantages that helps to develop great applications.
As the client was planning to make transparency in the flow, we have developed workflow based application. Mainly two workflows were proposed to be implemented; Application submission for availing subsidy and Claim submission for getting regular interest reimbursement based subsidy. Different types of stake holders roles are involved in the application as per requirement and requirement based MIS reports and dash boards are developed.
Development & Deployment Environment
|Technology & Framework||Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework, Microsoft Asp. Net|
|Database||SQL server 2012 Express Edition|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||IIS 7|
|Operating System||Windows 7 sp1, Windows server 2012 Data Centre|
- Old scheme data migration from excel sheet was challenging as data in excel sheet was in unstructured manner.
- As bank’s branch role was not there in the old system, we had to collect branch details from bankers for all UIDs.
- iTUFS application is launched by honorable Textile Minister and is Live and running successfully.
- Data for all schemes migrated
- OTxC and MoT have successfully released fund for 2 quarters of FY-16
- Beneficiary and Bank users are accessing application to perform their activities
- Email and SMS notification are sent for predefined activities
- Web application instead of client server application eliminates manual work
- Full automation of the archived as well as ongoing scheme
- Single platform integration system to manage all the schemes
- A fully transparent system accessible to all the stake holders related to scheme
- Graphical Dashboard and Runtime MIS reports with dynamic queries implemented