One of the most phenomenal ways in which technology has transformed healthcare is by making it more accessible, real-time and affordable. With technology being the driving force, the innovation in this segment is incredible, impacting essential areas such as data collection, research and enhanced treatment, offering immediate cure. Newer practices and innovative tools are all there to help advance healthcare to reach newer heights.
Apart from increasing accessibility of treatment, improved care and control over diseases have also been the outcomes of technology aided healthcare. But, technology is continuously upgrading itself, which means healthcare needs to keep altering itself to keep up with the sector’s technology needs.
People are no longer accessing any industry with just a single device; there are more windows available for accessing in the modern era. The omni-channel consumer needs to be addressed, specifically in healthcare as it is a critical industry, so that the right treatment can be offered in real-time, resolving all issues.
There are two key aspects to omni-channel healthcare model- personalization, and speed. If it is available at the time of need, in the personalized format, there could be nothing better than this.
We are looking at an omni-channel model for healthcare to enrich user experience, for improved service and scalability which can transpire innovative and patient care. Healthcare providers need to take a multi-faceted approach to tweak their products, services and solutions to meet the unique needs of the end user.
Let’s understand why omni-channel model is crucial to healthcare
Importance of Omni-channel Model
In today’s time, the patients have become more involved with healthcare, which has led to newer demands in the industry to engage the providers and the practitioners with the patients, thus evolving the overall experience. The experience should be similar to direct contact with the care giver, during a hospital visit.
A recent study related to contact centers stated that 90% of the contact centers will increase over time while they will increase their staff by over 77%. 74% of the people participating in the survey claimed that the contact centers will gain importance with time. If these statistics are true, the time has come for omni-channel model.
Let’s dive deeper as to why.
With the traditional methods such as telephone-based communication or accessing data using older methods, the care givers cannot offer the right treatment or, improve the experience of the patients. There has to be a holistic approach in offering care at this time. The contact centers should be able to deal with patients across age groups, which is why you need to personalize the communication according to the age and preferences. Do the patient want a text based communication, an email based communication or, they are more into fixed line telephony, will help you devise the strategy for the particular group of people. The care giving agents should be able to deliver using all the modes that too in a concurrent manner.
This omni-channel strategy will help the agents deliver key information to address the problem in hand to take immediate action. Criticality of the situation can be handled with this immediate response, and this model works best in case of complex healthcare networks, where data accessibility and immediate treatment proves to be a challenge. With omni-channel models the patient satisfaction metrics will help management level decision making, thus helping streamline operations.
Benefits with Omni-channel Healthcare
It is true that the omni-channel model will help deliver improved accessibility and patient interactions, thus transforming the nature of healthcare, and benefiting both care givers and the patients. Contact centers are thriving on the omni-channel model, as against the traditional person-to-person interaction, as the former offers real-time actionable insights built on humungous amounts of data. The modern technological advancement is more affordable, and can support a wide range of patients, thus reducing operating costs and offering better outcomes.
● Basic Patient Data: With omni-channel model, you can integrate EPI or other EMR platform to your contact center solution thus gaining access to information on the patient, such as their history, the healthcare providers they visit etc. in real-time. This will reduce the time taken to process the appointment, and transfers can be done efficiently. The backend management is efficient in this case, making scheduling an appointment, accessing patient data and transfers possible immediately
● Proactive Customer Service: With the omni-channel model, contact centers can give out proactive customer service. Send in notifications on the appointment, details on direction & parking, and helping the patient find their way can help improve the overall experience of the patient. Advance arrangements at the centers, assistance, and personalized interactions also come with proactive customer service. You are basically getting insights from the data to improve interactions and communication, thus enriching the overall experience.
Read also :
Rise Of Technology In Health Care & Patient Management
Technology Enabled Home Health Care: How Reliable Is It?
Let’s see how to move forward with omni-channel model for healthcare
Taking the Omni-channel Route
Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when taking the omni-channel approach for healthcare
● Patient Demand: You first need to understand what is the patient’s expectation from healthcare in terms of accessibility, approach and customer service? For this, you will need to access relevant data, identify the hidden patterns, unleash actionable insights and then offer the personalized approach that will translate into unique experience
● Cross-channel Approach: There are multiple interconnected layers that you will need to identify as part of the cross channel approach you are planning to take, and then build the single delivery and service path for contact center
● Assimilate Technology:When you are improving healthcare, you need to first upgrade outdated systems and technology. Further, you should create an agile, secular and modern IT landscape that will simplify the processes & analyze the data to offer optimized experience to the end user. This would be the end step towards omni-channel model for healthcare
With omni-channel model taking over, you are ready for a revamped model of healthcare that will advance patient care and accessibility, thus giving complete control over diseases.
Silver Touch offers highly capable and enriched patient care solutions by embracing IT in its highest capability. To get highly effective and enriched healthcare IT solutions you can connect with us at email@example.com.