Event Management Module for GFIM
- Media & Entertainment
- ASP.NET, VB.NET/C#, MS SQL 2005
Client is a dynamic production company that provides web development, mobile app development, design services and animation services. The client has created its reputation by delivering projects with utmost quality that cater to the needs of the customers. The client aims at improvising the existing event management module for GFIM.
Client Pain Area
The client already had a GFIM module that did not have enough features to manage the events/conferences organized by them. The existing website had to be integrated with a system that would manage all the events from front end as well as back end.
The main objective of the project was to integrate the existing website to a system that would facilitate to organize and manage events/conferences. The front end of the system shall be accessed by the site visitors, event/conference attendees, service providers, patrons, etc. The back end shall be accessed by the administrator and staff users to manage users, events, service providers, patrons and to take reporting on registrations.
The administrators and staff users will be able to create and manage events/conferences by adding event details like event description, venue, date and timings, sponsors, participants, booking information, terms and conditions and event photos-video gallery.
Users who wish to take part in the events/conference will be able to register themselves in the GFIM module. The registered users will accumulate points when registering for events/conference as set by the administrator.
Silver Touch has proposed to develop the required solution with ASP.NET and VB.NET/C# Framework with MS SQL 2005 Server Database. The proposed solution will be built on Windows Server 2003 Platform and shall be compatible on browsers Internet Explorer version 6+ and Firefox version 1.5+.
With the proposed solution the module will have the facility to organize and manage event/conferences, view reports and statistics of the attendees and have newsletters, publications and leaflets for the users for download.
Using this module, users will be able to view and register for events/conferences organized by the client. The client administrators will be able to manage the whole procedure from the back end.
Development & Deployment Platform
|Technology & Framework||ASP.NET, VB.NET/C#|
|Database||MS SQL 2005|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||IIS|
- The main challenge was to develop such a module at quite an early stage when there was not much awareness about such online modules.
- Silver Touch fulfilled client’s requirement and successfully implemented and deployed application on client server. The module is successfully launched and initially had good response.
- The module allows the users to pull up any information about the event and access real-time attendee lists while at the event site.
- Users can process credit card payments and print receipts and invoices.
- Registrations for multiple events can also be carried out at once.
- Every registered user will acquire points on the basis of types of event/conference they attend and take part in. All event & conference will have specific points. Based on the points acquired by the users their registration/membership category will be upgraded.
- Registered users can recommend using the online event management and event registration service to their friend.
- Members who have attended past event/conference can drop their reviews, comments and suggestions for the events that will be displayed on the website after administrator’s authorization.
- If a user is willing to be a part of sponsor of an event/conference they can register their name and on approval will have to pay the sponsorship amount. Sponsors will have additional privileges and facilities.
- The current system will enable the administrator or the service provider to maintain a list of special facilities like booking hotels for accommodation or facilities for the disabled and senior citizens.
- Users can get the details about the events that have occurred in the past. The client administrators would upload the event reports with photos, videos, testimonials and reviews in the portal after the event is completed.