Multi Store eCommerce Portal
Multi Store eCommerce Portal U.K. Based Client
- Retail & eCommerce
- Magento, Multi Store, PHP, MySQL
The client is a MNC with headquarters in India. The MNC is in manufacturing and supply of Textiles products worldwide. Client has physical stores in various countries. Client has an effective and wide distribution channel for selling products worldwide. Their major products are Towels, Bath mats & Rugs, Bathrobes, Bed Sheets, Cushions, Duvets and Pillows etc. The client is one of the official dealers of the iconic Wimbledon Tennis Championships – one of the biggest tennis grand slams of the year. The collection of sports towels, regular towels, face towels, fan towels and beach towels, are exclusive merchandise of Wimbledon championships.
Client Pain Area
Client required redeveloping their website for UK and Germany which was previously developed using ASP.NET framework. Client did not have a multi-store web portal for selling Terry Towel and other Home Textiles online and they wanted a shopping cart and online payment functionality separately for each store. The website should have image slider, promotional products, offers & discounted products in all web stores.
The client required a multi-store portal for selling their products. Following were the major requirements of the client:
- Multi store websites to be managed by single administrator
- Login and registration functionality for end users to place the order
- List of alternative and recently viewed products with advanced search
- Currency auto change based on end user’s IP address
- Filters for the products by price/color group/product type/size with sorting and paging functionality
- Display nearest local store on Map based on end user’s IP address
- Smartphone and tablet based theme
- Orders, stocks, products and its categories, out-of-stock products, end users accounts, offers and content of static pages management by administrator
- Stock availability for each product’s brands, types and colors for end user
Following were the general requirements of client:
- Wish list functionality for future purchase
- Newsletter functionality
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter
- Zoom-in and out with repositioning of product image
- Multi-lingual–English and German
- Feedback/Review posting of products
- Website heritage, career and blog functionality
- Redesigning of Blog feature
Silver Touch proposed developing the website using Magento open source platform as Magento provides many default functionalities for e-commerce website. Silver Touch has proposed MySQL as backend. Silver Touch has proposed custom Java Script for home page banner management and CMS functionality for static pages managed by the administrator.
Development & Deployment Platform
|Technology & Framework||Magento 1.7x|
|Database||My SQL 5.0 Server Database|
|Web Server/Hosting Platform||Apache 2.0|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Linux|
- Integration with Google map API for store locator.
- Product Color Swatch integration for presenting available color shades of the product to end users.
- Implement Auto Currency Switcher based on end user’s IP address.
- SAP Integration for importing and exporting CSV files.
- Integration with Postcode Anywhere for address auto-finder.
- Existing Data Migration: Data Migration covered following:
- Products: 27,000
- Orders: 10,000
- Customers: 25,000
- Sales increased considerably as user engagement increased
- Better and easy User Experience (UX) / User Interaction (UI)
- Shopping cart based e-commerce portal with secure online payment
- Currency is changed according to end user’s IP address
- Orders and products management of all three websites is done by single administrator
- Site visitors can post the review/feedback about products
- End users can easily find out discounted and popular products on site
- With the help of multi store website, client acquired large customer base across UK and Germany
- Multiple type, style and color combination of home textile products are available on multi-store site
- Easily locate nearest store on Google map
- Discount offers on multiple products
- Roles and privileges are managed easily
- Online payment facility through PayPal, Google Checkout or SagePay payment gateways
- Easy to import/export the orders and stocks
- Product filtering by price, type, size & color